Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mon Jardin

I saw this idea at work a few years ago: we were selling terracotta pots that sported a glossy, painted base, but with a matte, orange terracotta rim. Loved the idea. Hated the colors. I decided to personalize the idea by purchasing pots in a variety of sizes, taping off the rim, and spray painting the bases of the pots. I know- it's more work, and portrays me as being anal, but I'm quite fond of the pots.





Now that we live in a top floor, east facing unit, my garden gets tonnes of morning light, and is thriving. As per usual, we're one of the only units in our building with anything bright on our balcony- and even people that haven't seen our place yet can spot out exactly which unit is ours based on the array of green, blue, purple, pink, and orange terra cotta pots.


When possible, I get on the balcony to water the garden with my daughter- who has her very own watering can in the shape of a black duck! And everytime we get out there, she lets out a squeal, and shakes with excitement. I hope that I can instill in her the importance of caring for and nurturing life- especially as we hope to grow a few vegetables of our own this year (bell peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini).

Feel free to steal the terra cotta pot idea- it's something you can do for under $5 and will definetly bring excitement to your garden space.

No comments:

Post a Comment